Monday 18 November 2013

Working with Insomnia 1

Lack of sleep can contribute to major health problems.  Cortisol production may be affected by insomnia and contribute to stress, inflammation and poor weight regulation.

I am not one of those people who go to sleep the moment their head hits the pillow.  I have experiences more problems getting to sleep and having enough deep sleep in the last few decades.




During a very stressful period of my life, I found my iPod helpful at night.  Certain music at low volume eased me into sleep.  Andreas Scholl's English folk music and Nikolaus Harnoncourt's version of Handel's Messiah are 2 notable examples.  Background noise and white noise are well known for helping soothe people and help young children off to sleep.




I found this helpful, but sometimes it didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment